Turn your photos into exciting photo by adding special effects
Tutorial by: petrakhus3d
1. Make sure your subject or background is suitable to get the best result.
2. Make a new layer (Layer 2), make a round selection using Elliptical Marquee Tool.
3. Fill in with white and double click on Layer 2 on Layer Palette to activate Layer Style Window. Select Outer Glow.
4. Key in the setting below:
Elements - Spread = 7 - Size = 18. You can choose the color that you want in outer glow effects setting. As for me, I’m using blue.
5. Click on Filter>Blur>Gaussion blur. Set it to 3.7.
6. Duplicate Layer 2 and name it Layer 3. Hide Layer 2. On Layer 3, repeat the Gaussion Blur effect (Step 5) but reduce the setting (below 3.7).
7. Hide Layer 3 and select Layer 2. Change the opacity to 80%.
8. Finally, unhide Layer 2 and 3 to view the result. For better effects, adjust the opacity on both layers.
For more advance effects, you can add more magic balls by duplicating the layers. Change it to different sizes and opacity. Arrange it according to your creativity. Experiment with Layer Mode Screen with one of the layers for better result.